Roof leaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
BGrove1.JPG
BGrove2.JPG
Hi all, I had a leak in my flat roof (felted about 5 years ago) which caused a fair bit of mould / water damage on the walls in the flat below.

I spread loads of liquid, fibre-reinforced silicone all around the effected area (and beyond) on the roof above. I also spotted a couple of holes which I repaired. Roof seems fine and no obvious water ingress.

I washed the walls down a couple of weeks later in the flat and repainted. I'm pretty sure the roof isn't leaking anymore but the mould is growing again.

I'm wondering if I didn't treat the mould sufficiently to 'kill it'. Will it keep growing. Or is it the roof still leaking d'you think? We've barely had any rain for the past few weeks here in London.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I forgot to attach pic's yesterday. It could be condensation, but wouldn't that just show higher up ?

Sponsored Links
Black mould in a crescent shape in any corner is condensation related

Thanks. I agree, i had dehumidifier running all day and extracted quite a lot of water from that corner. So I guess it has to be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back