Roof slate cladding or tiling external block wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I’ll be doing a build soon and looking for alternatives within my skill set for cladding or covering a concrete block build. My local area has a viral spread of Marley fibre and timber cladding and I’m considering something different. I’m in Devon and plenty of older properties have tile facades so considering that with fake (fibre cement slate effect tiles) or a swerve ball would be actual floor tiles. I can do porcelain slate effect tiles for around £25m2 and most timber is starting at £50. I’m not sure what the price would be to render and paint as a pm2 calc but labour is expensive and I can’t render but I have spent 2 years in the past fitting wet rooms etc so I can tile. Any wisdom out there. My only concerns are the roof tile being more fragile. The build aim is a black contemporary flat roof extension wrapping around a 70s bungalow. Wisdom appreciated.

Dom.

Sponsored Links
Marley Weatherboard? Cheap(ish), simple and maintenance free apart from a wash every so often to keep it looking slick.

Thanks but like I said in my post. It’s everywhere and I’m starting to hate it. Plus the £55 ish per metre excluding fitting costs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back