Roof slates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone tell me if these roof slates are ok to use on a newly built shed roof I got them given to me there bigger then normal slates they have a date and time stamped on the back what does this mean is it when they were made its says 04 and does anyone know what the white Marks are on these thankyou

Sponsored Links
Sounds to me without seeing a picture, their fibre cement 600x300s. And the white marks will be due to them being left out in the rain without the band being cut and stacked face to face/ back to back.

Hi thank you for your reply can u see my pic in my album of the slates it says on the back if them a date do u think that was the date they were made,I think there fibre cement I hope they don't contain asbestos

That was the manufacture date. And no they dont contain azzy. The old ones used to but very little. Youll see a hole on the bottom of the slate an inch up in the centre. Thats for your copper rivet thats inserted inbetween bond on course of slates below. Prevents the slate warping. If its just a shed and your not fussed about warping you dont need to apply the rivets.

Sponsored Links
Hi thank you so much for your info I thought the date was when they was made so mine are 9 to 10 years old they haven't got holes in these I think I will use them for my shed roof thank you again you have been very helpfull

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back