Roof tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
B60E5951-3749-4F03-8503-F8A40A05C820.jpeg EA1DB408-316E-46B0-A86F-185E428FADC9.jpeg 32A64226-10E6-4760-B0DD-3B05FD0F1903.jpeg can anybody tell me what tile this is as need to buy some half tiles

Sponsored Links
They look like a bog standard Double Roman although I can't identify a manufacturer. Marley, Russel and Redland all do a version. Those look like the Russels version due to the nail holes being in the trough profile rather than the peak.

You may have to make your own half tiles as suppliers are unlikely to keep many.

Thanks for the advice I feared that they might be obsolete just having trouble figuring out how to make them into half tiles without loosing the water tightness

Sponsored Links
Doesn’t work as tiles interlock and they won’t overlap unless I’m missing something

If you need to buy half tiles, then you can just cut a tile in half and use the half you need. Half or cut tiles an only be used on an end of a row.

I am guessing he is after actual half tiles , not cut tiles.
Some manufacturers used to do half tiles
with a channel one side and an overlap the other. Basically a half width tile that would give more flexibility when setting out..
Not seen very often.

Yes it’s for the edge of a velux ended up with only a 10cm cut so tile won’t sit on batton sonneed to put half tile in before cut so I don’t end up with 10cm cut

If its a velux, you could knock the nib off a tile, cut it and drill and screw. 100 mm should give enough to clear the flashing.

I was gonna try that but would make a hole in flashing as keylite window with mega wide flashing took me two hours to fit window then a day of scratching my head over the crappy tiles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back