Roof tiles dont reach the new gutter and pours down the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New fascias and gutters installed but now the roof tiles don't quite reach the gutter in some places and rain falls down the gap and i fear for the brickwork below. Is there any weather proof material i can use (beside lead) to slot under the tiles and over the guttering to cover the gap. I've thought of roofing felt but i live in north england and don't think it will stand up to a harsh north wind. Any suggestions for a suitable way to repair this situation without lead flashing the lot as this would be very costly.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Me old fella did the roof about 7 years ago then a tradesman who has since disappeared, presumably up a drainpipe did the fascias and guttering.

Whats wrong with lead? You know it really needs redoing however you could use black pvc sheet, its widely available, or get some galv strips made up to suit, fixed to angle brackets or similar, can't you post a photo - that would help. Its difficult to assess unless we can see how to remedy it.

Surely though, if you or someone else is gonna go up there to do it, it'd be worth putting right?

Sponsored Links
Ill post a pic or two just as soon as i get chance i've actually been up today and it looks like im going to have to remove the fascia and trim it to send the gutters under the roof tiles. OH happy days lol

But a roll of 6" -8" damp proof used in brick walls, its flexable but can be tucked under the leading edge of the first tile and into the gutter. This problem is not unusual when fixing PVCu soffits to existing boards. It will also withstand the weather up here. Just done this in Heywood and thats on top of a hill????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back