Roof underfelt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps,

Need some advise please...my roof undefelt is torn in several places some small and some large ..there is no leak but it makes it very windy at times and wind can be felt through the hatch and light fixings.. I am wondering is it worth to replace the whole underfelt or just patch the holes?

If patching could be an answer, what is a suitable material to use? would flashing tape do the job?

I am trying to avoid forking large amount of ££ for something can be done cheaper...especialy if overhaugling may damage the tiles and that is another cost

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Buy, beg, borrow or send the wife out to obtain some scraps of any type of underfelt and cut to size (gap between rafters + 2" down turn each side), tuck into overlap and tack batten a couple of noggings down each rafter to secure - job done . .

Sponsored Links
Sorry, I hasten to add that you should not bang about too much less you loosen the roof slates/tiles - probably best to screw.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back