Roof Ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure how i am going to insulate my roof yet but am edging towards the idea of PIR within/over the rafters. With this in mind and having the roof re tile works booked in for a few weeks time i have been considering ventilation to the loft.

It is not being used as a habitable room but it is a large usable space so will be used for a bit more than just storage. As a result i want a bit of ventilation in there to both ventilate behind the insulation and roof if i go down that route and to keep the area "fresh".

I am thinking of a system similar to this -> Link along the eaves perimeter but am slightly confused about venting the upper level. Looking around it appears that 1 vent is recommend per 25-30m2 of floor area. I have approximately 100m2 so that would be 3-4 vents. This is only 1 per elevation which doesn't seem like much. Is this ratio correct.

I am also looking to make the vents as "invisible" as possible but cant imagine what many of the options will look like in real life. Is there a system that sits under a tile but lifts it slightly for the ventilation peice? Any suggestions?

I will also require 1 that i can connect a bathroom extract to as well.

Any help much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back