Roof work finishing of valleys okay?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

hopefully someone with roofing experience could advise me and my wife if the roof contractor has done a good job on our roof.

We had our entire roof replaced recently (which was quite a shock as we were not expecting the roof to be that bad)

The roofing company managed to strip the roof and rebuild it impressively quickly.

Originally there were clay rooftiles all around, including the valleys which i thought were corner rooftiles (those triangular once) but apparently these were simply straight roof tiles cut in an angle sitting flat against each other (if that makes sense?) this is at the roof sections of later extentions which - so i'm told - are at different angles and therefore corner roof tiles won't.

Now when looking out of the window we see an aluminium strip with on either side the rooftiles finished off with cement. Initially we thought it hadn't been finished but the roofing company told us this is much better than before and it is finished as it is.

I'm no roof expert at all and would appreciate if someone could tell us if this is okay or not or that we should have it changed?
The roof is definitely water tight, there are no leaks. I'm just wondering what that cement will do over time.

Many Thanks
Lawrence

IMG_20200821_141429.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back