Roofing Dialema chucking good money after bad?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been replacing broken hardrow tiles, but have just discovered that each tile iv'e replaced mustv'e been broken for years.
the water ingress has softened the batten to some extent (about 1 3rd. of the wood's thickness) where the tile has failed.

I've replaced 50 tiles so far.
Seeing as there's about another 50 tiles that need replacing, should I make temp. repairs using squares of underfelt, and start saving for a new roof? or plod on with replacing tiles?
I realise I can replace the battens but is a big job for me, given the number of areas that need fixing(50 and counting) where the battens have been effected by water.

The roof is nearly 50 years old now.

any thoughts o this matter would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You need to bite the bullet and fit a new tiled roof me thinks.

Use the re-fit to your advantage and install breathable membrane, vented roof space and full Reg's insulation. ;)

They can be very trouble some, you will need a new roof for sure.
Rather than mess around with bits of felt get some thin aluminium sheet (from the local sheet metal works) and slip soakers up under the cracks.
and then start saving.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back