Roofing in rain

Sponsored Links
#58, I dont think you know what you are talking about - if you do think that you know what you are talking about then perhaps you would say what felt is for?
The felt provides some protection for the house builder in defective builds. The side benefit is that it may extend roof life for non-defective builds. Felt is fairly fragile and cannot be relied on as the primary water proofing - meaning water should not reach it in most rain scenarios. Persistent water leaking onto the felt indicates a defective roof or an old roof that is clogged by debris or moss.

Last edited:
I wish I could say this was the thread that kept giving but frankly it's embarrassing for anyone still contributing. Poor old Robson he gave up days ago.
Well , I "tell" you it's got 1K views - as his rants do quite often :ROFLMAO:

Felt must be left long over the fascia until your ready to cut it beyond the fascia - even on top of the tray, the felt must discharge any moisture beyond the fascia - thats elementary roofing knowledge.

What your difficulty with the fascia is I dont understand -
you're...that's.....don't ....... elementary punctuation..... Wait until Christmas, you'll see roofers everywhere cutting off long strips of "felt" and making paperchains with it :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back