Rooflight full of water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are having a loft extension and are having a flat (Zero deg) fixed rooflight installed on the new dormer - this one:

https://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk...MI1pKch4-17QIV2-vtCh3CvQFLEAQYASABEgIs9vD_BwE

The builder forgot to put the dome on top (this was days ago) and after heavy rain the next day it is full of water and now has started leaking all around the frame.

He's reluctantly said he will come back in the morning and add the dome. My question is, is this likely to cause long term issues? i.e. the damage is done. I'm furious.

Sponsored Links
Reluctantly!!! well sounds like another moron. Ask Velux 01592 778225
Having never got to the stage where it comes to putting the dome on and then deciding not to bother! I can't offer any more advice, although I imagine it will take a long time to dry out once the top is on. Lets hope it doesn't freeze tonight.

Does it all need to dry out first, so no water is trapped to cause condensation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back