Room Stat

Sponsored Links
Hi ben.
Any chance of elaborating?
I know it's cheap, that doesn't mean it is no good does it?
I was wondering what difference a name makes to a thing like this.
If it turns the boiler on and off as it should I don't really care about a name.
On the other hand, if there is more to it than that........
Could you tell me what problems I could come across??
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Mechanical strength is one, there is plastic and plastic.
Stability of the signal and resistance to interference. Unfortunately, Draytons used to suffer from this problem. don’t know if the new versions is really better but I have heard they changed the band.
Ease of reading, programming and over-riding. Some timers are an absolute nightmare.
Proper manuals and technical help. Most of the time you don’t need to use all the connections, imagine if you have a Slovak who translated the Chinese manual into English.
I inherited a cheap timer which does not allow different times fore weekend and weekdays, so during the weekend it comes on too early and off to early.
Honeywell cmt 927 is the dog’s. plug and play. Copy and edit function. Large display. No signal problems and no bonding needed. Easy to install, no earth needed, just one 4-core and done.
Heard positive sounds about latest Siemens as well, but have not used it myself yet. Going price about £70 I think.
Standard penlights for the transmitter are the best, you will pay a pretty penny extra over the years if the batteries are anything else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back