room thermostat connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I,d be gratefull if someone could help with connecting a room thermostat to a tube heater (60W) and to the mains to control the temp in a box containing honeybee wax cells, which need to be heated to extract the honey. The stat is an eberle rtr-e 6705. It has 5 terminals 1-2-3-n-n. In the circuit diagram live connects to t1 and neutral to n. the two n's are connected together internally. 2 and three are shown connected to the neutral line through two different symbols. 3 has a hexagon shape with arrows pointing inwards at each corner and 2 has three vertical squiggles with a line under. 2 is for heat and 3 is for cool. I'm assuming I should connect brown (live) to 1, blue to n from the mains and the tube heater wires to 2 and three. Hope that is fairly clear to someone. Can anyone help? Thanks Hypnojohn.

Sponsored Links
I,d be gratefull if someone could help with connecting a room thermostat to a tube heater (60W) and to the mains to control the temp in a box containing honeybee wax cells, which need to be heated to extract the honey. The stat is an eberle rtr-e 6705. It has 5 terminals 1-2-3-n-n. In the circuit diagram live connects to t1 and neutral to n. the two n's are connected together internally. 2 and three are shown connected to the neutral line through two different symbols. 3 has a hexagon shape with arrows pointing inwards at each corner and 2 has three vertical squiggles with a line under. 2 is for heat and 3 is for cool. I'm assuming I should connect brown (live) to 1, blue to n from the mains and the tube heater wires to 2 and three. Hope that is fairly clear to someone. Can anyone help? Thanks Hypnojohn.

I was a bit worried there until I checked you'll only be pulling about .25Amps with a 60W heater, so your thermostat will be OK.
I'd say just check with a multimeter what 'makes & breaks', when you test between 1 & 2 or 3. Chances are 2 or 3 will make or break on temperature rise or fall.
Honey..............Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!
HTH mate.

Thanks for that quick reply. Not quite sure what to do. To test, do I need to connect to the mains first? Do I then need to change the room temp to see if it makes/breaks? Sorry, I am still confused as to what to do even if I find out if its 2 or 3 that switches.
Thanks, Hypnojohn

Sponsored Links
The wiring connections for the eberle rtr-e 6705 are as follows:

L = 1
N = 2
N = 3
N = N
N = N

L is common, 2 makes when cooling and 3 makes when calling for heat.
You can check cotinuity between L and 2 or L and three with a continuity meter by turning the stat up or down with the powere switched OFF.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back