Room thermostat for Worcester Bosch Greenstar Ri Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Apologies for a likely naive question but I am after some advice in relation to an issue with my heating at present. All has been well until yesterday when I woke to find the heating had been on all night, instead of turning itself off when it reached its set temperature.

Checking the temperature in the front room on the clock thermostat it was 19 degrees, but the Room thermostat (a Landis gr) appeared to think it was only about 10 degrees. When I moved the manual dial it didn't 'click' until it got to about 10 and turned off the boiler.

Now after I have seemingly paid more profits to the Gas company overnight, I want to change the room thermostat. Is there anything I should look out for? I heard mention of Volt Free etc, and unsure what this is? All I want is a like for like replacement for whats already there, or a digital alternative. Many thanks from a novice.

Sponsored Links
If you acquire a like for like you wont have to worry about any alterations to the wiring. generally digital stats are volts free.
Perhaps you've got frost protection which is firing the boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back