Room Thermostat/TVR Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a room thermostat in my hall together with a TVR on the radiator in the hall and on the landing. The thermostat is usually set at 19 and the TVR 2.5. Have I got this set up correctly? I know you shouldn't have a TVR near the thermostat having read the forums but didn't know this when the TVR's were fitted! Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sponsored Links
I dont think the rad on the landing will effect the t/stat, but the t/stat will effect the landing rad(it will turn all the heat off).
As far as the one in the hall you need to set it so the house, ie all the rooms are at the temp you want, you can either have it on make & adjust the lockshield, or fiddle with the valve settings themselves

Hi. I have a room thermostat in my hall together with a TVR on the radiator in the hall.. .
Then you need to take off the thermostatic head, or turn it up to max. Otherwise the TRV may prevent the hall getting warm enough for the room stat to cut out, and the heating will never stop running.

You can adjust the lockshield in the hall so that it warms slower than all the rooms with TRVs, otherwise the room stat may turn off the CH when some rooms are not warm enough.

The TRV on the landing is fine as heat will rise and the landing may get relatively warm.

Sponsored Links
if you had this situation last winter and were happy with it, why change it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back