TVR not cutting boiler off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I think my plumber is a bit of a clown and has now 'vanished'.

We have a 3 bedroom / 2 story house.

The living room, kitchen, dinning room are open plan and have great underfloor heating. The bedrooms have new radiators with TVR.

Problem 1

When Underfloor heating has reached temp, the boiler isn't switching off (I have tested this independently, by turning off hot water and radiators.)

Problem 2

We would like to have radiators on all day at a set temp, so that when it drops below that temp the radiators kick in and warm it back up to ambient temp before kicking off. As we work from home, this is the best and easiest way for us to stay warm without having to run boiler all day!!!

But, we can't seem to find a wall mounted thermostat so have been reading up and understand that because we have TVR's there is no need for a thermostat. Is that correct?
If so, when temp is reached will it shut the boiler down?

Hope someone can help - thanks for reading.

Sponsored Links
TRVs won't control the boiler, you still need a room thermostat fitted for this.

What about why the UFH is not cutting the boiler when temp is reached on the thermostats (the UFH runs with one)

Sponsored Links
Probably need more info on the type of system and how the ufh is connected, any zone valves etc. Which thermostat is it? Is there a make/model number on it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back