Room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

We have a Worcester Highflow 440RSF. At present, the only thermostats in our set-up are the TRVs on the radiators. We have a Honeywell Programmer (similar to a st712) - so if we want the heating on, we just flick this on. This may be a stupid question but how big a job is it to upgrade the Programmer with one that can help us regulate the heat more efficiently?!?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
If you have no wiring installed for a wireless room thermostat, you should be able to replace the programmer with the receiver of a wireless programmable thermostat and then have full control of the heating from the remote control unit. Honeywell CM927 is a common recommendation.

The programmer should be connected to Ls, Ns, Lr of terminal block ST10 of the boiler. The wireless receiver will connect to these in place of the programmer.

Thanks for response - I don't think I'd be able to do this though! Therefore, how long would it take someone to install one of these? I'm assuming it wouldn't be a big job for someone who knows what they're doing (i.e. not me).

Should be very straight forward. The receiver unit should screw onto the same back box as your existing programmer and then there should be three wires and one link wire to connect.

Sponsored Links
Is there also a fixed option (rather than wireless). It's just that the programmer is in the hallway - where we'd like the thermostat to be.

Yes, that makes it even easier. The Honeywell CM907, or other similar programmable wired stat, will only require two wires to be connected, Live and switched live. The unit itself is battery powered..

It has a temperature sensor in it though, so if the current programmer is tucked away a bit, it won't be a good place for a thermostat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back