Roomstat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya,

We have a Potterton Heatmax HE24 Combi with the basic pin based programmer.

I would like to change this to a wireless programmable room stat, one that can do mon-fri and sat-sun independently, but i'm stuggling to find a compatible one.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
We have a Potterton Heatmax HE24 Combi with the basic pin based programmer.

I would like to change this to a wireless programmable room stat, one that can do mon-fri and sat-sun independently, but i'm struggling to find a compatible one.
Honeywell CM927.

This does each day separately, but you can easily copy Mon to Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri; and copy Sat to Sun.

Thanks. That doesn't seem to unreasonable price wise, but how does the reciever actually connect to the boiler.

I thought I would take out the round pin based one and put the receiver in it's place, but big rectangle boxes don't fit into small circle holes!

Sponsored Links
how does the reciever actually connect to the boiler.

You need a three core (plus earth) heat resistant cable - B&Q sell it (Tower Brand). You connect L and N in the receiver to L and N in the boiler, connect terminal B to terminal 2 in the boiler and link terminals L and A together in the receiver. Remove the link between 1 and 2 in the boiler, if still there.

I thought I would take out the round pin based one and put the receiver in it's place, but big rectangle boxes don't fit into small circle holes!
That would not have been a good idea, even if it were possible, as the metal casing of the boiler would affect the signal reception. The receiver needs to be at least 30cm from any metal box, electric socket etc.

It's always best to check that the receiver and transmitter (control) are communicating properly before fixing them to the wall. Instructions in the Installation Manual.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back