Using RF programmable roomstat with Potterton combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again,,Back in the summer i replaced my old Vaillant with a Potterton Heatmax 28HE, and got the engineer to connect my Salus RT500 wired programmer...It works brilliantly, however due to changing rooms around we need to move the programmer to a different room, and due to it being hardwired, it's gonna be a problem..So to my question . Will the RF version of the salus be suitable for my boiler ? From looking at the boiler , i don't think the transmitter is going to fit onto the front, so is it just a matter of wiring the transmitter to the wires that originally went to the wired stat and mounting it near the boiler ?..Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If you isolate the boiler's mains supply, and have a look at the wiring connections behind the control panel, you should find your current programmer/stat wired into connectors 1 and 2 on a connector block. The RF's switching connectors will replace these.

No, the receiver shouln't be fitted to front of boiler, fit to wall next to it.

The Salus is cheaper for a reason. With RF stats/programmers, I would advise to get a better one, like the Honeywell CM927.

Seconded, I've had nothing but problems with the Salus wireless programmable stats. The CM927/921 are more expensive, but worth the extra

Thanks for the replies...The Honeywell is best part of £100, so i think i'll be getting the boards up and running a new wire in :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back