Rooney

Sponsored Links
Rooney has been ill in bed recently with a poorly ankle, but still gets his wages paid, and looking at where Man U are at in the table, then, no he isn't worth 1/10th of what he is paid. Man U pay for results, and they aren't getting them.

If Rooney was transferred to new premiership arrivals Blackpool, then his wage would dwarf all the others transfer fees, but Blackpool didn't get to where they are on the back of one man, so long past the time for a wage cap.

Look at the greats of yesteryear, Best, Clough, Charlton, they were paid peanuts, caught the bus alongside the fans, but played from their hearts, for the love of their LOCAL club, Rooney gets booed at the World cup, deservedly so, and slags off the fans. Time to go primadonna.

Not only that the company that pays him is 'offshore' so the 200k he gets - he pays no tax on.
that doesn't make sense any earnings can be taxed. he works in the UK and is domicile, long enough. He may exploit a few loopholes with investments perhaps or foriegn trusts. But it is not a secret that he is earning big money, and the inland revenue would be aware of that.

"Ghost Hunters" are what they call the people in the IR that investigate people whose true wealth is hidden. This doesn't really apply to footballers as the whole offers and negotiation, etc are dependent on it being a very public thing.

Sponsored Links
They were talking about it on the TV not long ago. Their contract is the NET amount. Any tax liabilities are worked out so that they are paid abroad in those dodgy places like Liberia. Rooney receives the amount of the contract. The Premiership is an international league that just happens to be played out in the England. He doesn't get paid by the match but on some kind of deal based on 'brand Rooney'. That deal is made overseas so has nothing to do with the UK tax system.

I think that Rooney, 150k/wk, had in mined what Toures is getting at Man.city. That is 185k/week and is expected to rise above 200k when the 50% tax rise kicks in.
So, for such a football celeb. it seems to me he's being hard done by others standards. I think that however grotesque it is, the man is just pushing for what he can get.

Greedy primadonnas, the lot of them.

The spectators?
Fools for paying so much to watch them.

Hi Imamartian

Yes i suppose your right , maybe i'm jealouse, but I am on a pension off £325 a month, By choice I add because I took early retirement to finish of a house renovation that has gone on for 10 years now, the old story,move in before a total reovation is complete,get very lazy, can't be bothered with getting up after dinner to start work,after spending allday doing house repairs etc.
But it would be nice to have some of that money to pay someone else to do the work. but yes good luck to him, I am very happy with my life as it is.

They were talking about it on the TV not long ago. Their contract is the NET amount. Any tax liabilities are worked out so that they are paid abroad in those dodgy places like Liberia. Rooney receives the amount of the contract. The Premiership is an international league that just happens to be played out in the England. He doesn't get paid by the match but on some kind of deal based on 'brand Rooney'. That deal is made overseas so has nothing to do with the UK tax system.

as always joe.... read a paragraph and believe... you must get out more....

I think that Rooney, 150k/wk, had in mined what Toures is getting at Man.city. That is 185k/week and is expected to rise above 200k when the 50% tax rise kicks in.
So, for such a football celeb. it seems to me he's being hard done by others standards. I think that however grotesque it is, the man is just pushing for what he can get.

the 50 per cent tax is already in....

The money to pay footballers comes from the T.V companies buying the right to televise matches. It costs so much that there is nothing left to make any decent programmes hence the continuous round of repeated repeats, dumbing down 'reality' shows and strictly. Its enough to make you want to watch football.

I do not care what Rooney is paid ! I do not contribute to it , I do not go to matches , I do not have the sky set up , I do not buy or get ripped off over any merchandising relevant to football !

People should be more concerned about the wages they do contribute to , Council excecs for a start & various other over payed pencil pushers in some government funded Quango ! Some in the medical proffesion who were trained at the tax payers expense & than probably only work for the nhs 1 day a week rest of time in Harley street !

or those banker types getting fat pensions at the tax payers expense !

As for Rooney he might be a good player ?? but he comes across as thick as to short planks , not unlike alot of footballers !

Sponsored Links
Back