rough cost of solar tile/slate systems per m2 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Trying and not doing well in finding out what a set of photovoltaic solar slates are, installed. To me the idea of integrating a solar panel into a roof slate is great but no one ever mentions costs on their site. Anyone here have any ideas what pv slates installed are in quids per square metre? I'm dimly aware they make about 100 kWh per year per sqm but I've no idea if this is actually value!

Sponsored Links
We fitted some a few months ago. I was told they were about £115 each but I cant be sure because we did not supply them.

We fitted 160 in each roof slope. Scary money

So much for hoping they'd be a tenner and i could do the roof out of them.. Someone needs to tell the Chinese they haven't made copies of them yet

Can you remember how big they were? Or how many there were to a m2?

Thanks, very helpful!

Sponsored Links
The onres we used were 500x250 so there were 17.5 per sqm.
We had 4 courses of normal slates above and below the solar slates and 4 slates wide by the abuttments.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back