Rough cost of wet under floor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to knock through to create a kitchen / diner and want underfloor heating but haven't got a clue what it might cost.

The room will be 15' x 10'.

I have a fully pumped standard CH system with 10mm micro bore rads.

The wall to be knocked down has a rad on each side that will be removed.

The Boiler is in the kitchen.

I will only be having this room converted, all other rooms will stay with rads.

Can't tell you what floor I have, but the house is 1989 build and has a black screed under the carped and feels fairly solid?

Don't know how much of this info is needed or relevant.

Any rough clues on the cost of a DIY and a PRO installation starting from a bare room?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
About £300 plus £10-£30 per square metre for the materials. Labour and particularly screeding extra, usually a lot extra.

Its only worthwhile if you have a large area and it has to be seperately timed and controlled.

Its a no-go but I dont expect you will accept that when you want to use it withoug any knowledge at all about it!

Tony

You must check to see if insulation to BS is under the screed.

This will be the biggest problem if it is missing.

Sponsored Links
Not sure what Tony is specifying, but for John Guest with a room of less than 30square metres you could use the JGroompack. Prices vary depending on discounts but around £340+VAT plus fitting.

Not sure what Tony is specifying, but for John Guest with a room of less than 30square metres you could use the JGroompack. Prices vary depending on discounts but around £340+VAT plus fitting.

I was only giving ball park figures!

For his 15 m² mine work out at £450 and your inc vat at £400. So practically the same thing.

However, the real professionals answer is that its not worthwhile spending about £1400 on the whole job when a £300 rad will do the same thing better.

UFH has its place which is usually in newbuild with large floor areas!

Tony

the room is 15x10 but you have not stated if that is wall to wall or unit to unit. Reason I ask is this kind of installation is not worth installing under units/appliances making the rooms heated surface area smaller and cheaper.

Like agile says It's an expensive installation when a radiator or/and a couple of kick space heaters will heat the room

Thank you everyone for your replies.

It looks like too much money. work and stress for a small floor area.

I guess I'll stick to traditional rads.

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back