Rough estimate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've bee trying to get a rough estimate to replace the front wooden door with a UPVC one online but i can't find a site that gives fitted prices.

The door is wooden and it has a side panel which would also need replacing with UPVC so i guess it's a double door (only 1 opens the other fixed) i'm looking for and at the other side it's also wood but this is just exterior as the inside is a wall in the living room, this will be replaced with UPVC cladding?
I've attached a pic (sorry only 1 i have) so you get the idea

untitled.jpg

Any UPVC sales/ fitters in west yorkshire wanting to give a fitted price?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Be aware that you will need a certificate of compliance unless you use a FENSA registered installer. It’s the installation company that holds the registration, not the fitters so you won’t get a cert from a moonlighting fitter & will need to make a Building Notice submission & that invloves an additional fee. You’d do better to contact, say, 3 small registered local DG companies & get some quotes.

cheers Richard

I was hoping there would be some sales reps from DG companies on here who would quote for their company to supply/ fit
I wasn't expecting someone to do it as a DIY job as i'd want a warranty

Go local & approach the small, independent DG companies in your area; you won't get better IMO as their reputation & future work is based on install quality, not massive press/TV advertising. Quality has to be everything with these guys, if they are cowboys word quickly gets around & they won't get future work.

Think you’re taking a dangerous route TBH & the amount you could save isn’t worth it IMO. You will not get quality profiles (which doesn’t include DIY shed & fleabay stuff) cheaper than the installers can &, FYI, I’m informed the average install rate around here is £50 for a window & £70 for a door; not a lot IMO. That includes ripping out the old, fitting, adjusting & making good externally, not internal filling/plaster work.

Sponsored Links
What wrong fixing a double wooden doors? You have a nice wooden door from what I can see, upvc doors are a waste of time, money & security reason unless you go for compositve door type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back