Rough price for removing patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am wanting to get rid of the patio in my back garden but have no idea what kind of money this will cost.

An image of my back garden can be found here:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The shed will obviously need knocking down but I can do that myself. After the patio is removed I will need some concrete laying in the top half of my garden so basically I am just after a rough idea of how much it would cost to remove the patio and lay some concrete?

If it helps the patio is around 4m x 2m and the concrete I will need laying will take up about half this space (ie. 2m x 2m) - I really am just after a very rough guide at the moment though because for all I know this could cost anything between £50 to £10,000!

Sponsored Links
£10k !!! you're mad !! i'll do it for £9200!

But seriously, it looks a nice garden, why do you want rid of it?

just fancy a change really.

I have thought about trying to take the patio out myself but in reality I neither have the time or the tools... can anyone one give me a rough idea on price for a job like this?

Sponsored Links
muck away lorry £150 much cheaper then a skip
bracker/cement mixer hire £70 tops
shutering ballast cement £200 tops
labour £350 and ill take down the old shed too for you
= £770 all in call it £800 just too cover any probs that may pop up
hows that sound mate

For god's sake dont concrete over a third of your garden! You'll only want to rip it up again in a few years. Or any possible buyers will think the garden is rubbish as a result.

muck away lorry £150 much cheaper then a skip
bracker/cement mixer hire £70 tops
shutering ballast cement £200 tops
labour £350 and ill take down the old shed too for you
= £770 all in call it £800 just too cover any probs that may pop up
hows that sound mate

Sounds pretty reasonable to me... where are you based? I'm in Brighouse, West Yorkshire... would that be ok? and if yes, how soon could you do it? (sooner the better!)

let me just soprt it out this week m8 and ill let you know

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back