Rough price for replacing fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not as in how much for me to buy, how much would you pay someone to do it, or how much would you quote?

Ive been asked to do a friends and want to make sure Im somewhere near ;)
How much would replacing 24 6x6 normal panels and posts in a normal rectangle garden be? This would be to remove the old knackered 6x6 panels also.

Cheers all

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
factors notwithstanding, about £700 - £800 in Bucks for basic posts and shiplap. Hmm, actually I guess that depends on whether your North or South Bucks :)

no where near enough info and i havent got a clue on what things costs but here is my ideas :D :D :D

you supply materials !!!

concrete posts wooden posts!!!

spikes /postcrete!!!

how are the old posts held in !!!!!

so the cost of a fence post + the panel+a bag of post crete=£25 to £30 per panel!!!!!!! times 24= £600 to £750 for materials [you look up the actual material costs ;) ]

1 or 2 days to remove old fence 2 days to errect new

2 or 3 skips to remove old materials

hire costs of eqipment!!!!!!

your expected payment / beer money per hour :D £2-£30
total possible price range £800- £1200

but its up to you as i am only making a mildly uneducated guess ;)

Just and extrapolation from the eight panels I had installed a couple of years ago. As Big all has said, my rough estimate is based based upon a level surface no obstacles, and it really will make a difference between north and south bucks !!

Sponsored Links
Posts will be held in with concrete/postcrete.
Id worked it out at about £700 for materials too ;)

Or to save cash do what I do, pile up the old fence panels in your garden and burn them in an incinerator over several evenings. Wait til it gets dark, and damp foggy nights are best to ont annoy the neighbours. ;)

£60 per panel & post if all wood and posts are 3"x3"x8' & panel is 6'x6'.
Charge £80 to remove/dispose of old fence (skip hire but in reality I burn it in the yard).

Edited to say thats in berkshire/hants.

big-all said:
1 or 2 days to remove old fence

Yeah, if your ripping fence down from Buckingham palace!

Half a day to rip the old fencing out and posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back