Rough price to put in double socket, spurred off another?

Sponsored Links
The new socket could be fed from a socket on the upstairs ring final. Then it is a reasonably simple drop down to the new socket. Messed up floor will be hidden by carpets

The new socket could be fed from a socket on the upstairs ring final. Then it is a reasonably simple drop down to the new socket. Messed up floor will be hidden by carpets
... provided that the upstairs floor/floor-covering is carpet!

Whilst it is acceptable to regs, and safe for sensible/competent people in the future, I have to say that, for fairly obvious reasons, I try (but don't always succeed!) to avoid situations in which some of the electricity supply to one room comes from an 'unexpected circuit', particularly if there is only one such item amidst many.

Kind Regards, John

There is a very strong convenience argument for deliberately creating the situation where a room has multiple socket circuits, multiple light circuits....

Sponsored Links
Given the rarity of circuit loss, I think that "very strong convenience argument" is probably a bit of an overstatement. I concede that the argument is stronger in the case of lighting circuits but, in my house, there are few, if any, rooms which do not have a door into/onto another room/area served by a different lighting circuit ... and, more generally, having to deploy (once in a blue moon) an extension lead is not what I would regard as a major inconvenience.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back