Rough, rough, rough!

Sponsored Links
Yea I'm not impressed. Been crawling round in fibreglass insulation all afternoon trying to resolve it.

Still havent found the source of the 2.5mm T+E.

I particularly like the yellow core used as a CPC, but it's not a CPC at the other end, the CPC is

Sponsored Links
I am still alive! The 3C+E was only being used as T+E so the yellow core wasn't actually being used. Just no earth continuity anywhere.

TBH im amazed there's sleeving on the CPC, one of those live cores fell out of the loop when I cut it off! Rough!

Thats bloody awful work even a 1st year apprentice would have done a better job, Might have struggled with the 2.5mm though lol
Not the first time ive herd of 2.5mm being used on a domestic lighting circuit guy i knew siad he ran out of 1.5 so used the 2.5 for the switch drops !

Unfortunately looks like I might need to re-use the 2.5mm, the cables to the rose are all plastered in, gonna loop at the switch so I can avoid as much of this burke's cable as possible, and the 3C+E has no slack.

That rose wasnt screwed to the ceiling, the cables were holding it up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back