Roughcasting price advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guy's I know this question has probably been asked a million times but I'm just looking for general advice.

I've got a load of garden walls that have been smooth rendered (about 15 years ago) the render is on concrete block retaining walls in the back garden and some of them have the render either falling off or ready to fall off obviously water was got behind the render and damaged the top coat over the years and I've the same problem with wet cast/pebble-dash at the front on the house with one piece actually falling off the brickwork at the pavement.

Anyway I've had a couple of local guys out who have told me that smooth render is no use on retaining garden walls because of water penetration etc (no issues with this BTW) and so have advised removing the render and roughcasting the walls and they also advised removing the pebble-dash at the front and meshing the brick-work and then roughcasting the wall to sort of look kinda like the rest of the pebble-dash walls at the front I'm happy with that advice as the rest of the front walls will no doubt require work as time goes on so I can eventually get those done like the other one.

Access is decent, I'm on a main road pedestrian traffic is light the road's busy but parking isn't an issue, albeit the back garden walls are a wee bit away from the pavement/front of the house.

I've worked out a rough area which is front wall & pillar approximately 11 m2 the back walls are approximately 46m2 in total.

The guys initially quoted £2750 but they've since come down to £2600.

Here's their text/quote below.

TIA for any replies advice.

Tony

" David the roughcaster here regarding the garden walls , to fully strip the back walls and front wall and pillar you would be looking at £2750 this would be a whole hack off and basecoat applied then a top coat and chip , this would be a nice modern white and modern chip at the back and a white on white at the front to match the existing . If this is any good for you pleae don’t hesitate to get intouch and we can go from there "

IMG_0077.jpegIMG_0080.jpegIMG_0082.jpegIMG_0081.jpegIMG_0083.jpegIMG_0084.jpegIMG_0085.jpegIMG_0088.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpeg
    IMG_0090.jpeg
    371.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back