roughly, how many wheel barrows to a tonne?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to work out how much top soil i need, i can roughly work out it out from wheel barrow loads, but how many wheel barrow loads in a tonne?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Here is what I found.

Earth, loam, dry, excavated - 1.25 tonne/cubic meter
Earth, moist, excavated - 1.44 tonne/cubic meter
Earth, wet, excavated - 1.60 tonne/cubic meter
Earth, dense - 2.00 tonne/cubic meter
Earth, soft loose mud - 1.73 tonne/cubic meter
Earth, packed - 1.52 tonne/cubic meter

Note that is the metric tonne, 1000 kilograms. I assumed you wanted that and not U.S. or U.K. tons

Sponsored Links
That's great thanks - a cubic meter i can work out the area from that, so i think i will need around 2 tonnes :)

I was surprised that none of the gardners/landscapers helped on this one. Please you can sort from here.

A merchant near me used to quote for a ton of sand by the barrow, and I seem to recall a figure of 8 barrows - but I am not sure if this was for 1/2 ton or a full ton.

Good point, actually think about when i have had 1 ton bags of sand delivered i reckon around 8-10 would do it.

I have a good enough idea now, just did not want to be left with a ton left over :)

Thanks

I recently barrowed 2 tonnes from 1 tonne bags, i counted 12 barrows per ton

Cheers!

A second look tonight and i think i'll need 3 tons :) which works out pretty good as that's about 2 trailer loads :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back