Round into Square Downpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I'm trying to connect a 68mm round downpipe into a 65mm square downpipe branch. Can anyone suggest a way of achieving this? I bought a square to round adapter but the problem is, the adapter is meant to be used with the round end down. If I use it the other way it leaks like a sieve, obviously.

Many thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
If you cut a short length of round drainpipe, then cut about a 5mm slot out of that pipe it can be pushed into the round pipe and will act as a reducer. You may need more than one, and experiment with the gap size. You want it to just meet when squeezed in.
Water runs down the inside of the pipe, along the plastic. Once it works, take it out and add glue or a sealant

Hi
I'm trying to connect a 68mm round downpipe into a 65mm square downpipe branch. Can anyone suggest a way of achieving this? I bought a square to round adapter but the problem is, the adapter is meant to be used with the round end down. If I use it the other way it leaks like a sieve, obviously.

Many thanks
Chris
Hilarious that the industry only caters for square-to-round and not the other way around. But true.

Use the S-R adapter and glue it in place.

Thanks very much guys. I to cannot believe the part does't exist. I might 3D print one and see how long it lasts.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
You could fit a hopper on the square pipe and feed the round into it?
You might need to add so much extra downpipe to place the hopper that it made sense to replace the whole downpipe

Some great ideas there. As I have some time on my hands I ended up designing and 3D printing a tool to make the end of the round pipe into the perfect size square. Worked a treat

The round pipe will simply sit inside the square branch with little or no splashing during heavy rain.

that’s if the pipe is going in from above or the side obviously!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back