Round radiator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi on my upstairs rad the valves are round and not square so I can't adjust/isolate them. Have you come across these and how can I isolate the rad please. I'm not talking about the bleed valve. I mean the flow and return valve.
It's a Combi system.

Thank you!
Matthew

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you may have two lockshields. Why do you want to adjust or isolate them ?

Hi on my upstairs rad the valves are round and not square so I can't adjust/isolate them. Have you come across these and how can I isolate the rad please. I'm not talking about the bleed valve. I mean the flow and return valve.
It's a Combi system.

Thank you!
Matthew
Do you mean the plastic caps (usually white) are round? If so, they're decorative and pull off. You should then be able to turn the valve stem, using a cap that engages, or failing that an adjustable spanner.

Sponsored Links
See photo thanks

Attachments

• 20221230_190141.jpg
    20221230_190141.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 52
Do you mean the plastic caps (usually white) are round? If so, they're decorative and pull off. You should then be able to turn the valve stem, using a cap that engages, or failing that an adjustable spanner.
Thanks I don't think it's that though

The spindle sticking out the top is now rounded Off ,it used to be square. Need a set of grips to close / adjust it. You should replace it.

Judging by the state of that rad, it may be worth thinking of replacing that too.

The spindle sticking out the top is now rounded Off ,it used to be square. Need a set of grips to close / adjust it. You should replace it.

Judging by the state of that rad, it may be worth thinking of replacing that too.
Thank you for your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back