Rounded Corners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Doing a mates bedroom in a couple of weeks and his bay window has rounded corners at each end of the window rather than straight edges. These go from the window sill down the the skirting board.

Any tips how to work with these. I guess it mught be a case of letting the plaster go off a bit longer before trying to smooth off?

Anyone had any experiences they can pass on?

Cheers

Matt

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Doing a mates bedroom in a couple of weeks and his bay window has rounded corners at each end of the window rather than straight edges. These go from the window sill down the the skirting board.

Any tips how to work with these. I guess it mught be a case of letting the plaster go off a bit longer before trying to smooth off?

Anyone had any experiences they can pass on?

Cheers

Matt
use a plastic carrier bag run it up and down the curved edges job done

As Steve says use a bit of plastic. If you fold it over you have a nice edge. It takes a bit of playing a bout to get the hang of it, but it will do the job.

sorry to sound stupid guys never done a curve before. you use a plastic carrier bag? how ? dont you use a sponge float or something? like i said never done it so dont have a clue. :oops:

Sponsored Links
sorry to sound stupid guys never done a curve before. you use a plastic carrier bag? how ? dont you use a sponge float or something? like i said never done it so dont have a clue. :oops:
you dont sound stupid , if u dont ask u dont get to know, make a kind of rope with the bag like mich says fold it over then when it comes to troweling up time (when its firm) run the bag up and down a couple of times sorted

That's the problem nowadays with using corner beads,, they take away the skill in forming and finishing a wet external corner. I normally use any small piece of thin polythene, but before you run it "down" the wet corner, dip it into water first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back