Rounded Headgear

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a leaky bath tap this morning so thought it had better be fixed. I removed the handle and shroud with no problems. However, the headgear but is almost completely rounded.

Any ideas how to remove it please?

Because of the position of the bath, I can't get in to the underneath to remove the tap. The previous owner had the toilet moved to closer to the bath so it blocks access.

Its the cold tap and I am planning to remove the bath later this year to replace it with a shower so I did wonder about accessing the pipe through the floor further over and fitting an isolating valve to turn it off.

Sponsored Links
Not quite sure what you mean, Is it the big nut that holds the working part of the tap in the body? If so pipe grips which have teeth should do it ok, chances are that's what the last guy did and rounded it off in the process.
Get a good pair though, a cheepy tool will just make matters worse.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back