Route porch gutter around corner to downpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm adding guttering to one side of a porch because that side is constantly dripping on us and also lands on some patio and collects for a while. See pic below.
I've gone with black square guttering to match the house and I'm trying to figure out the best solution for directing it around the wall to the main downpipe. Would 2 or 3 112 degree offset bends into a pipe branch work?

Thanks

Attachments

• PXL_20240105_125146371.jpg
    PXL_20240105_125146371.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 84
Sponsored Links
Any thoughts on this? Ive got the gutter up with end outlet near the wall and a 112 degree bend attached away from it. I've tried a few different sections but can't figure out how to route around the corner and line up well with the branch piece that will be attached to the main downpipe

I'm no roofer but can't see how you would do it without a horizontal bit where it goes round the corner eg:

img-3101-jpg.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks yeah that's the idea is to route it around and attach to the main downpipe. Horizontal seems the only way due to square angles but even the corner parts are Toolstation are 92 degrees. Worth a go, otherwise I'll bin the idea

Branch off the main pipe. small length of guttering with stop end outlet . if you want to use square guttering? then you will need a square to round adapter for the short length of round down pipe and a couple of offsets to get round the corner into the branch. Square is poor for going round corners !

Branch off the main pipe. small length of guttering with stop end outlet . if you want to use square guttering? then you will need a square to round adapter for the short length of round down pipe and a couple of offsets to get round the corner into the branch. Square is poor for going round corners !
Yeah I did wonder if I'd need to go square to circle just to get around corner than back to square again where I link to branch? Seems an absolute faff. I have the main section up already

It's dark so excuse the rubbish pics

Attachments

• PXL_20240118_192635237.jpg
    PXL_20240118_192635237.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 44
  • PXL_20240118_192617255.jpg
    PXL_20240118_192617255.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 54
Round will give you a lot more options, and if you use pipe wild you won't need any brackets.

Yeah I read round is a lot easier to work with. Had hoped square would work as matches the house but seems that's it's just not possible with some circle in there :(

Take the square offsets back and change them for round, and buy a square to round adaptor for coming off the outlet, then you need a small section of round pipe.

I would need 2x square to round adaptors wouldn't I? 1 from the new gutter and another to the square branch that will connect to the main downpipe..

I think the round pipe will fit in the branch! you can try it when you are at the suppliers.

Will see if I can do this with just circular connectors and 1 square to circle adapter from the top outlet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back