Router Table

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have previously made my own router table however due to vibration this failed and is now uneven, I have since made another one but modified the design but still nothing so I am now at the point of purchasing one to save time and effort.

I am looking at both of these which both support my router however I have heard both good and bad things about each and I am wondering what other thought on here:

Trend: https://www.trenddirectuk.com/crt-mk3-craftpro-router-table-mk3-240v

Bosch: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-RA1181-Benchtop-Router-Table/dp/B000H12DQ6

People have said that they dont like the plastic feet of the Bosch and also the fence wobbles and the Trend they didn't like how it fits together (the initial build) and that the dust extraction needs modifying as its at a funny angle.

I would like something which works properly and can give me a long life with plenty of use.

What are peoples thoughts?

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
AFAIK the Bosch model is only available in the USA these days. Dust extraction on pretty much anything you buy (router or table) can always be improved; for example my DW622 is sometimes fitted with a home-made Tufnol sub-base which has a Festool chip deflector attached - great for edge rebating MDF. Have to wonder why vibration is affecting your home-made ones - never had that problem

can't remember the last time I got the router table out. Normally knock one up when I need one from a bit of ply or MDF. Cut a hole in it, screw the router to it, make a fence up out of a bit of batten and sling it across two saw horses

Sponsored Links
Ah right so the Bosch sounds like it's out then if it's USA only.

What are the thoughts on the trend?

Thanks

James

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back