Routing gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can joists be notched beneath the flooring to facilitate the routing of a 22mm gas pipe.
Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
And they will help how exactly?

As long as your joists are eight inches or more deep then they can be notched for 22mm pipe, at a distance off the wall of between 7% and 25% of the unsupported span of the joist.

The clips shown in the link above maintain structural integrity of the joist. It is tapered and fits neatly into the notch cut into the joist, preventing any compression movement under load. The joists I need to cross are only 6". This what they are for. They have the added bonus of protecting the pipework from nails from above :)

in the real world, i work in existing, most victorian, properties, all plumbers notch out where req....never known a problem where a property floor suffered cos of some notching for 22mm pipework.

in the real world, i work in existing, most victorian, properties, all plumbers notch out where req....never known a problem where a property floor suffered cos of some notching for 22mm pipework.

All??? Most maybe, personally I ALWAYS stick to building regs on notching and drilling...

All??? Most maybe, personally I ALWAYS stick to building regs on notching and drilling...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back