rover 75 (spare key )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a rover 75 2.5 petrol v reg. 1999.
Question is I have lost the spare key and the buttons on the main key are broken so I have to open the door by putting the key in the lock. Where can I get a spare key from??
The.
I live in billericay,essex and there are no rover garages around any more
chappell

Sponsored Links
Thanks gregers for you help
I have taken up your advice and bought one
chappell

These keys on ebay are no good. Need to get from SMC and have the key code done via T4. Cost £140

Sponsored Links
Hi 75pete.
thanks for your input. you are quite right,BUT i bought one and was shown how you can take them apart the metal part can be pulled out although some are stuck in with super glue, just work a small screwdriver downn the sides to break the seal so i did and threw that away i put my own metal part in added the new top with the buttons because mine was broken and put the bottom part from the new key
I then found that I could open the door using the buttons and switch on the ignition but i could not turn over the engine. i then found out from a friend that they haver a built in inhibitor. so i then took off the bottom part from the new key and put back that part from my old key which held MY inhibitor and bingo it all works. sounds complicated but the whole thing cost me £20. I would be interested to know who or what is T4?

inhibitor,no doubt equals an immobilizer chip,this is programed to your car,its this which costs an arm and a leg to get it reprogrammed to your car at the stealers,but your sorted so good job all round me thinks.

have a look at the MG Rover Forum. Lots of info, do a "Search" for t4

I reccently got a new key fob thing for my Rover 25 from a car stereo shop. Cost about £105.

Sponsored Links
Back