Rubbish Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Wonder if anyone has any ideas or can shed any light to my problem below...

Just moved into a house with a Jaguar boiler. The central heating is great, heating the rads to a really hot temp.

Its the water i have the problem with.
The boiler is in the kitchen. its 6 foot away from the kitchen sink and ten foot away from the bathroom sink/bath etc.

The water gets hot for about two seconds then goes luke warm. the water is not warm enough for a bath or to wash the pots.

i have turned up the water on the boiler to 62 (hottest) but to no avail.
Sometimes the shower is a decent temp and other times it isnt.... i just dont get it.

Please, can anyone help??

Liam

Sponsored Links
Assuming it's a combination boiler, could be any number of things wrong with it.

If it's a house you have just purchased, get someone to service the boiler properly. Same for any other gas appliances.
If rented, it's your landlord's responsibility to get it fixed.

could simply be a worn diaphragm on the divertor. not a hard job to fix for someone competent. these use a standard giannoni type divertor. commonly used in a variety of boilers.

Sponsored Links
They are not what I would call a standard Giannoni diverter valve.

Its similar to a Biasi or Halstead !

As said get it serviced/repaired. It should give about 9 litres per minute at about 45 C.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back