Rubbish removal- a warning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a mini clubman years ago, back doors open , bin bags in.

Driving to tip a RAT drops onto my foot and disappears.
Drop off rubbish at tip. No rat??

Next day notice insulation bits on drivers footwell. Discover (by watching carefully) that rat is nesting behind dash behind steering wheel.

Go to work on nights with trousers tucked into socks.

Went shopping, on getting back to car Mr furry is sitting on the top of drivers seat, cleaning his little whiskers, much to the amusement of passing shoppers.

The second I touch the door handle he is up in his hideaway.
Think, should I put my hand up there? No f*****g way, prefer my fingers as they are.

3 days my little friend lived in my car. Finally left when (on nights again) left back doors open with a trail of bread from footwell to back doors and floor outside. Lived in fear for a while til sure he was gone.

True story.

Sponsored Links
Would be a perfect excuse if you crashed! Sorry Officer! I swear I did not put my foot down! there was a rat on the pedal! i wasn't speeding, it was the rat!

You will be surprised what a mice or a rat can do to the car wiring! at first I heard about these things chewing through wires in the house etc, but never came across wires chewed so badly that a car had a lot of its wiring looms chewed through, thick copper conductors were nothing for whatever size this little beast was!

It badly rendered this car inoperable, the AA towed it away, i spent the next 2 days rewiring part of the loom, with 90% wires completely chopped off, insulation missing, conductors shredded, immobiliser malfunctioning, finally after restoring, the car got back to normal, but by now the wiring from an aftermarket immobiliser had b*gg*red the alarm module, due to shorting wires, luckily the fuse blew, so in the end I had to rip out the after market alarm module.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back