A Close Call

I worked on a church in Hornchurch a few years back.

I popped out to what I can describe as a glass fronted entrance front porch. 6ftsq ish. Like a fish bowl if you happened to get stuck between the doors. That's exactly what I did.... no way out for me unless a passer by let me out. Eventually one did .... most people just walked by looking and thinking I was a nutter.
We had a bloke at a Christmas party who did something similar. We all went to the pub with the gaffer for what turned into a proper session. This chap was well sozzled and left us about 9 o'clock, saying he'd be going back to site to pick-up his lunch tackle and mobile phone (that he'd left on the job) and he'd see us in the morning. About 2 or maybe 3 hours later I went back with the gaffer to check that the site was secure (it was an office block in Reading) and we found this idiot "trapped" between two pairs of swing doors in a sort of vestibule. The chippy swinging the doors had swung both sets so they opened inwards into the vestibule (in error), installed the very strong closers but not the handles, so our merry drunk had stumbled through the first set of doors and finding himself unable to open the second set had turned round to find that the first set had now closed and that without handles he couldn't open them again, either. So he sat there waiting for us for two plus hours in the dark and wondering if he'd be trapped there until after Christmas! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back