Door handle attachment - simple, right? Wrong

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I called my wife through, proud of my achievement, attaching a new door handle on our lounge door. She was impressed until she tried to open the door. With all her might she, and then I, pushed down to try and open the door. It wasn't budging, we were stuck! Just as we were about to scramble out of the window I tried the handle the other way. Indeed, I had put it on upside down and you had to life it up to get out! LOL. My wife found it so hilarious that she has kept it as a talking point, at the expense of my pride!

Sponsored Links
a good way to keep little kids and pets out of areas you don't want them in..
until they figure out that it lifts up that is..

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the words of encouragement! I never thought of the upside, keeping the little ones from opening doors they shouldn't be... Turning a negative into a positive, I like it. :)

Hi potdot,

I think we've fallen victim to the odd DIY disaster, one time or another.. :LOL:

Have you fixed the door handle since your embarrassing experience or has your wife kept it as some kind of memorabilia, to share with your house guests, perhaps at the expense of your pride once again?

:LOL:
Liz

a good way to keep little kids and pets out of areas you don't want them in..
until they figure out that it lifts up that is..

And then you swap the handles round to the correct side of the door and it screws the little blighters up again as they try to push the handles up! :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back