Rubble, Free Collection?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Had a bloke knocking on door earlier asking if I wanted brick rubble at side of house. (Rocked up in old panel van)

Why would he want it free? Or you reckon is someone dodgy eyeing up house.

Thoughts.

Sponsored Links
Broken bricks etc? Really, it's not like it's able to be used without being smashed up smaller, whole bricks useless unless spend ages knocking off mortar.

if he was building a patio or such and needed hardcore it would be useful to him
Most sane people wouldn't pay for hardcore like that but would use it for free.

Back in the day when my Dad was doing up our house he built a patio based on loads of smashed bricks
Money was tight, his time was free.

Sponsored Links
My Dad's ex put an ad in the PO window to get rid of a load of rubble and couldn't understand why she was getting a lot of calls from breathy men.

Till I looked at the postcard... "Free hardcore: ring 0161 881 ****"

Nothing dodgy about it at all. I've had someone knock at the door asking if I'd sell my car, I've had people asking if I was getting rid of a pile of bricks I'd left by the back gate.

Equally I myself saw two lovely pine doors on top of a skip. I knocked at the door and asked if I could have them and the lady was more than happy -- partner and I walked back home one under each arm.

If they were dodgy they would have had it off you while you were out.

While running several Freegle/Freecycle reuse groups I have often seen people both offering and asking for rubble as it has multiple uses.
When I eventually get around to building a wall out back Ill be looking for lots of it myself to infill behind it.

I cannot go past a skip without looking into it to see whats available :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back