Rubble sack for a wheelie bin?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know where I could get a rubble sack / Hippobag the shape of a standard wheelie bin?

I thought this would be a thing, but can't see any available online. Anyone seen anything along these lines anywhere?

Sponsored Links
Bin liners big enough yeah but not rubble sacks.
Don't think the dumps like rubble sacks anyway. They used to make people empty black rubble sacks and place in bin at our tip. I just get our wheelie washed every month.
Neighbour uses the massive bin liners though

The other half once purchased some wheelie bin liner bags from ASDA, in error- we don't have a wheelie bin. We tried to use them in our regular bin but they are so thin that they split when lifting them out.

We binned them...

I find the wheelie bin liners are rather too short for the bins, fold the tops over the outside and as soon as you put anything inside they pull down. I bolted some alloy covered polystyrene panels inside the bins, to reduce the depth. I also added a length of string round the rim, tensioned by a spring, under which to fit the bag top edge.

Sponsored Links
I am so glad that we don't have to have wheelie bins, and that all of our rubbish (gardening, food, general, recycling) is picked up every week.

If you get a rubble bag into a wheelie bin, and fill it, how do you get it out?
you could fold a bulk delivery bag to fit but it will weigh a lot

Why do you want to add more plastic to what's going in your wheelie bin?

Have you not seen what we are doing to our environment with all the plastic we waste?
Simply get your bin washed every now and then, forget filling it with a liner.

Anyone know where I could get a rubble sack / Hippobag the shape of a standard wheelie bin?

I thought this would be a thing, but can't see any available online. Anyone seen anything along these lines anywhere?
You say hippobag, so are you after a heavy duty reusable sack?

If so, you get ones called "barrow bags", it's like a mini ton bag, the shape of a wheelie bin

Why do you want to add more plastic to what's going in your wheelie bin?

Have you not seen what we are doing to our environment with all the plastic we waste?
Simply get your bin washed every now and then, forget filling it with a liner.

It keeps the bin cleaner inside for longer and because the liner remains attached to the bin, the same bin liner lasts for months. Others pay for a wheelie bin cleaning service to drive along behind the bin wagon - that is much worse for the environment.

If your bin stinks you're throwing too much food away. As for bin cleaning services- ffs. Mind, I suppose I speak from a place of privilege (a garden with room for the wheelie bins well out of the way so I don't have to walk past them every day) :)

The occasional use of a hose on the wheelie bin is enough to keep it clean.
No need to pay anyone to do what is a basic DIY task.

If your bin stinks you're throwing too much food away. As for bin cleaning services- ffs. Mind, I suppose I speak from a place of privilege (a garden with room for the wheelie bins well out of the way so I don't have to walk past them every day) :)

All three of my bins are tucked away out of sight in a bin store I built for the purpose, or rather repurposed. There is no smell from them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back