Rude word filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear Mod,

I understand that it is very necessary to have a rude-word filter to prevent people either being kn*b-ends, or the odd slip up when someone types a rude word without thinking, but I feel the filter needs a bit of customising.

May I suggest the following words be allowed:

p*rn
l*sbian (can't really allow gay and not l*sbian now, can you! :D )
qu*er (a perfectly good word meaning "strange")

This is a "family" site, often posts are made with the words used in the wrong context, but i will pass your comments to site admin

Sponsored Links
Yes, quite right Adam. And what about the word wh*re? Why does this get blanked out? :eek: Especially when on the plumbing forum! :D

AdamW said:

This is a "family" site, often posts are made with the words used in the wrong context, but i will pass your comments to site admin

Yes, I suppose so... the word l*sbian is more likely to be used in the context of "Have you watched L*sbian Spank Inferno 7?", rather than "I am a l*sbian" ;)

And of course, it is your forum so it is your decision! :D

Sponsored Links
Now, Adam, Dr Abbott is a little worried about your lebsian fixation. You have mentioned the same titles on several occasions in the past. What I suggest you do is make an appointment to talk to somebody about this woeful situation....

AND GET YOURSELF SOME FRESH TITLES!!!!!

securespark said:
What I suggest you do is make an appointment to talk to somebody about this woeful situation....

I rang the local health centre and told the nurse I wanted to talk to her about lebsians but she just called me a filthy beast and slammed the phone down.

Scoby, that would be grand!

I understand. Generally the words are only added to the filter when some 12 year old comes on here from their school computer and inserts tons of junk posts with all sorts of 'naughty' words/connotations ;)

I'll review the list when I get a chance....

Bum poo fart willy boobies! And THAT'S swearing. :eek:

Or one of my schoolboy favourites "Hey Ma, the far cars" (say it out loud). :LOL:

Mods, it going too far now.

I posted a humourous pic in the jokes thread, it was depicting a fox who had stuck a rifle up a hunters bum. It was a cartoon picture, nothing graphic was visible. Where does the censorship end?

After all, this is allegedly a "family forum", but how many under-18s are looking for DIY advice?

I don't think there is anything wrong with le*sbians. No home should be without one. I would quite happily have a couple in my house, but I only have one bed so, er...

Oops, receiving disdainful look from Mrs TraineeSpark!

Reminds me of the apparently true story of an incident that happened due to the arrival of a new senior officer at one of our departments.
She, invited all the other senior officers round to her place for coffee after an inaugaral evening out.
She told the four or five chaps to go into the lounge whilst she got the coffee on the go.
They walked into the lounge to find her husband, completely "nacked" with a set of earphones on watching a strong video and obviously enjoying himself on his own; not hearing them due to the earphones - they all sneaked out and left without telling her.

Sponsored Links
Back