Running a bullnose on 22mm ply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I've got a cheap router I've used a few times and I'm intending to make a step out of 22mm ply and want to run a bullnose down it. What router piece do I buy as want to make sure I buy the right one?

Sponsored Links
Don't know if ply will produce an acceptable result when bull-nosed as every other grain will be a bit "hairy". You might want to consider simply glueing a convex-faced wooden moulding to the straight cut face of the ply. That then saves you the expense of a cutter.

Don't know if ply will produce an acceptable result when bull-nosed as every other grain will be a bit "hairy". You might want to consider simply glueing a convex-faced wooden moulding to the straight cut face of the ply. That then saves you the expense of a cutter.

How about if sanded and sealed, and repeated?

Just bought a 4 piece half round kit :/

Sponsored Links
could you not cut a slot(groove) in the ply and using some timber (soft or hardwood)make your nosing out of that then either cut another slot or form a tongue glue it to the ply?
or save all of that hard work and just use a biscuit jointer . ;)

This is where a bit of experimentation comes in.

I should mention it's a going that protrudes outwards in an L shape. In other words it is not wall to wall, so the corner will need to be molded sufficiently also. This is why the moldings which are available could be difficult to make good as there is a corner involved

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back