Running a current through garage door handle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
imagine that a person broke into your house and killed your family and pets.at the funeral people would say why did'nt he defend his own property and family :evil: what reply would you give ?rather them than me (and family).too many dogooders on this forum. :evil: :evil:

Sponsored Links
As far as I'm concerned, once they enter my property my rules are in place and I will protect my family or my property from the low life that have decided that they're not going to stick to the law.

THEY BROKE THE LAW FIRST.

Regards - J

Can I just pose a hypothetical question.

Imagine you are walking past someone's house and see that the front door has been left open, and it looks to have been done inadvertently. Say you go and knock to let them know and get no response. What if you step inside to check that some old person hasn't fallen or something. None of this is completely inconceivable.

Now imagine that some mentalist that has spent too much time reading their back-issues of 'soldier of fortune' magazine is laying in wait waiting to put one of their wet dreams into action.

Who do you say is in the wrong ??

johnny_t said:

Imagine you are walking past someone's house and see that the front door has been left open, and it looks to have been done inadvertently. Say you go and knock to let them know and get no response. What if you step inside to check that some old person hasn't fallen or something. None of this is completely inconceivable.

Now imagine that some mentalist that has spent too much time reading their back-issues of 'soldier of fortune' magazine is laying in wait waiting to put one of their wet dreams into action.

you seem to be defending the burglarswrongdoers in your quotes.why?

Sponsored Links
No. What I'm saying is that you can't close your mind to the possibility of legitimate explanations for some things. No-one is suggesting that you sit back and watch someone ransack your home, but neither can you set booby-traps or hand out your own executions once you have caught someone.

if i was a policeman and went to a house that had been burgled and the owner threw a breadbin/shoe or anything that came to hand that would be o.k.
but if the owner had a ak47/chainsaw/sawn off 12 bore than that would seem premeditated to me."do unto others as they would do to you"but i doubt if that logic would work with asbo scumbags.

ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
if i was a policeman and went to a house that had been burgled and the owner threw a breadbin/shoe or anything that came to hand that would be o.k.
but if the owner had a ak47/chainsaw/sawn off 12 bore than that would seem premeditated to me..

I agree entirely and, to be honest, that's pretty much exactly the situation as it stands at the moment.

johnny_t said:
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
but if the owner had a ak47/chainsaw/sawn off 12 bore than that would seem premeditated to me..

I agree entirely and, to be honest, that's pretty much exactly the situation as it stands at the moment.
good to see some common sense on the forum jt.

johnny_t said:

Lets try another one, 02:00 you hear noises but you think no problem it will be a nice local youth thats closing my front door that I stupidly left open. Then you hear screams coming from your 12 year old daughters bedroom but think she's just having a bad dream, never mind. You hear more noises downstairs but think that the nice person that came to close your door has realised you havent dusted in a while so he's very kindly dusting your furniture for you. Next, your bedroom door opens and you find the same kind person has entered your bedroom, he notices you havent shaved in a while and assists you by shaving you with a stanley knife which has unfortunately just slipped. He then looks at your wife and she has obviously not had sex for a while so he helps you out there as well.

Now, it's the next morning and you know you've a complete and utter bloody fairy doo gooder. Your daughter and wife have had traumatic experiences that will scar them for life, you've got your face mutilated and all the valuables in your house have gone. Your house is well and truly wrecked.

My way, the git the broke in will be in hospital battered and bruised and my wife, daughter, me and my home will all be in tact.

Are you REALLY sure you've got it right?

Regards - J

johnb80 said:
Lets try another one, 02:00 you hear noises but you think no problem it will be a nice local youth thats closing my front door that I stupidly left open. Then you hear screams coming from your 12 year old daughters bedroom but think she's just having a bad dream, never mind. You hear more noises downstairs but think that the nice person that came to close your door has realised you havent dusted in a while so he's very kindly dusting your furniture for you. Next, your bedroom door opens and you find the same kind person has entered your bedroom, he notices you havent shaved in a while and assists you by shaving you with a stanley knife which has unfortunately just slipped. He then looks at your wife and she has obviously not had sex for a while so he helps you out there as well.

What are you talking about? If you are this simple you won't get far in life.

johnb80 said:
johnny_t said:

Now, it's the next morning and you know you've a complete and utter b****y fairy doo gooder. Your daughter and wife have had traumatic experiences that will scar them for life, you've got your face mutilated and all the valuables in your house have gone. Your house is well and truly wrecked.

My way, the git the broke in will be in hospital battered and bruised and my wife, daughter, me and my home will all be in tact.

Regards - J

To be honest, your question is so daft that I find it hard to answer, but if you are interested in some real world solutions to some real life problems, here are a couple.....

Once, when I was away, my wife was at home when someone tried to break in through the back bathroom window. She went and knocked on the back window and they ran away. In my opinion this was a better solution to her letting them break in and then her trying to stab them with a breadknife.

A scenario similar to the first 8 words of your post, before it went downhill. Noises in the middle of the night. I got up, flushed the toilet, and by the time I went downstairs they had done a runner. I was perfectly happy with this outcome.

Finally, someone put a match through our letterbox. I ran after and caught the boy who did it, gave him a stern talking to (he was only about nine). An hour later, he came back to apologise to my wife for any upset caused.

The trouble with the sort of macho posturing you suggest is that most people will find the weapon or violence turned on themselves. And then they won't be feeling so smart.

i have personally know people that have sold their house after they were burgled even though they were not in the house at the time.they never felt safe and felt violated.the insurance paid for the material goods to be replaced but not the anguish and upset it all caused.

johnny_t said:
johnb80 said:
johnny_t said:

Now, it's the next morning and you know you've a complete and utter b****y fairy doo gooder. Your daughter and wife have had traumatic experiences that will scar them for life, you've got your face mutilated and all the valuables in your house have gone. Your house is well and truly wrecked.

Regards - J

To be honest, your question is so daft that I find it hard to answer, but if you are interested in some real world solutions to some real life problems, here are a couple.....

Once, when I was away, my wife was at home when someone tried to break in through the back bathroom window. She went and knocked on the back window and they ran away. In my opinion this was a better solution to her letting them break in and then her trying to stab them with a breadknife.

A scenario similar to the first 8 words of your post, before it went downhill. Noises in the middle of the night. I got up, flushed the toilet, and by the time I went downstairs they had done a runner. I was perfectly happy with this outcome.

Finally, someone put a match through our letterbox. I ran after and caught the boy who did it, gave him a stern talking to (he was only about nine). An hour later, he came back to apologise to my wife for any upset caused.

The trouble with the sort of macho posturing you suggest is that most people will find the weapon or violence turned on themselves. And then they won't be feeling so smart.

You're obviously having difficulty reading. What I have said all the way through this thread is 'If someone breaks into my house' i.e. theyre in my house I reserve the right to defend my family, myself and my possesions and as far as I'm concerned the hooligan has forgon all rights. OBVIOUSLY the minimum force would be used but if in doubt more rather than less, I ain't risking my neck. To try and prevent the breakin to start with is again OBVIOUS and would be done i.e. security windows, doors, alarm, CCTV etc.

Regards - J

Don't think I've had any diffiiculty - I merely pointed out that your daft hypothetical question was daft, and I'll stand by that.

Anyway, now that you've restated your position, I will admit that I did miss the 'OBVIOUS' subtext to your earlier posts. Glad that you've come round and we're all on the same page now.

When i used to rob houses in the 80s early 90s i knew i was taking my life in my hands if i got caught, id be battered near to death either by the occupant or the police so i gave it up ;) but the building games slowing down a bit and ive got a few birthdays coming up and for the sake of hearing a flushed toilet or a knock on the window by the occupant and a slap on the rist by the police im considering taking it up again. well there was no DVD's,xbox,ps1,ps2,mobiles,sat-navs,£200 trainers in my day but with my bad back ill have to leave the plasma unless i can get an apprentice. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back