Running cable to external alarm siren

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
How can I get the cable through to the back of my oddisey external siren, the problem is that my eaves sit level with my top floor windows so I can't get access to the attic through the cavity wall, I can drop the cable down from the soffit but then the cable wouldn't be coming in from the back of the siren. Any ideas from the pros would be great!

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Drill up at angle .... Open cavity in loft ? Feed up long rod / wire that's how is normally done

Thanks sparkymarka, I'm not sure if it's open cavity I'll have to check. If it's not what other options do I have?

Thanks

Similar to mine, but I do not think that I could get into the cavity.
Do you have dot and dab plasterboard? I drilled directly through and then turned the cable back on itself and pushed through a metre or two. I then fished with my rods with a hook on the end. I don't know if I was just lucky but it was quite easy. Just make sure you know where the dabs of adhesive are so that you can avoid them

Sponsored Links
No my walls aren't dot and dab, I think I'm going to have to get into the cavity somehow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back