Running CAT5e cable inside gutter downpipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to run 2 cat5e cables for CCTV, instead of putting an extra conduit near the downpipe, I am wondering is it possible to run it up the downpipe and and drill out and come out? Seeing as the gutter pipe shouldnt really ever be under water pressure. Are there any kind of connectors for such a thing?

Sponsored Links
If you drill it the water will seep out even if you seal round the cable because the water runs round the inside of the pipe not down the middle.;) You could put a branch in the downpipe and bring the cable out through that - but it will be a large hole with a small cable and look odd. But the water won't come out of it unless it gets blocked further down

I have to run cat5 from roof to ground floor level quite often and cable tie it behind a convenient downpipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back