Running engineered flooring up to a fireplace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am soon going to rip up my carpet and underlay and fit engineered flooring. I am fitting new skirting board so I happy with leaving an expansion gap and hiding with the boards.

How would you finish the edge off where skirting boards aren't used?

Also... two of the thresholds go to a metal door bar with tiles in the other room. e.g. currently carpet to tile but being replaced with engineered to ceramic tiles. As the bar is already fitted and I guess the tile adhesive will have grabbed the door bar... how would you replace this?

Thanks for your help with this.

Sponsored Links
You want to use a Sqaure edge wood trim around fireplace and a T shape edge where ceramics are

When you say Square edge and T shape edging, what do you mean and how would you suggest fitting it? I won't be able to nail/tack it as it's a concrete floor. This would also defeat the object of having the "expansion gap" so I'm guessing there must be a solution to hold it in place?

Here are the areas that I'll need a solution for:

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
You glue them down with no nails or similar. I use flexy fix
The door bars have a lip on there for the expansion.
If you call in a wood shop you will see them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back