Running flex behind cupboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Sorry this is a similar thread to //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=327713#327713 but slightly different. I'm similarly wiring up some SELV lighting in my kitchen and was trying to work out which cable to use.
They were supplied with 0.75mmsq twin flex, similar looking to speaker flex. It seems that from the other thread 0.75mmsq is fine providing the lengths are short enough to avoid large voltage drop. Thanks for that as the current carrying capacity in the regs only went down to 1mmsq and I was panicking a bit over it.
However, I wanted to pass the flex down the back of my kitchen cupboards or hidden in ducting inside the cupboards but The Electrician's Guide at TLC Direct states that "Flexible cables should not normally be used for fixed wiring, but if they are, they must be visible throughout their length." http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/4.2.3.htm Does this stop me running the cable as described above? I can't find anything in the regs about this.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back